Being an artwork pupil, I’ve all the time had a particular place for historic gadgets, archeological constructions, and museums. Additionally, rising up, I heard lots about some well-known museums in Delhi from my grandfather, and this was why after I shifted to Delhi for my masters, the very first thing I did was guide an inexpensive cab service in Delhi to tour the well-known Delhi museums.
Should you didn’t know already, Delhi has ceaselessly remained house to a number of the nation’s most interesting collections of museums and galleries. Boasting spectacular treasures and reminiscing India’s vibrant cultural heritage, museums in Delhi are a must-visit if you’re a historical past fanatic like me and love understanding about India’s historical past and its gradual transition over a number of centuries.
So let me now stroll you thru a number of the well-known museums I visited in Delhi and which can be price visiting in your subsequent Delhi journey.
1. Nationwide Museum
The Nationwide Museum is among the largest and most well-known museums in Delhi. Flaunting greater than 200,000 worldwide and Indian artworks, this museum holds a wealthy cultural heritage that dates again to five,000 years.
Additionally, this well-known museum in Delhi stays house to a variety of departments that embrace manuscripts, archeology, work, prehistory archeology, arms and armor, and plenty of extra.
- Location- Janpath, New Delhi
- Timings- 10 AM to six PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 20 for Indian residents and INR 650 for international vacationers(College college students get free entry ticket)
2. Nationwide handicraft and handloom museum
Extensively widespread because the Nationwide Crafts Museum, the Nationwide Handicraft and Handloom Museum is amongst the most important crafts museums in Delhi that I beloved visiting.
Run by the Indian Ministry of Textile, this museum holds round 35000 distinguishing craft items that mirror the extraordinary dexterities and craftsmanship of Indian craftspersons by means of work, embroidery, wooden and stone craft gadgets, textiles, and clay.
- Location- Pragati Maidan, Bhairon Marg
- Timings- 10 AM to five PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 1 for Indian college students, INR 10 for Indian residents, and INR 150 for international vacationers
3. Nationwide Rail Museum
The Nationwide Rail Museum stays centered fully on India’s rail ancestry. This museum has an outside and indoor exhibition of a toy prepare experience that guests can get pleasure from day by day.
House to a mesmerizing assemblage of greater than 100 reveals of the majestic Indian Railways, right here you’ll all the time discover stationary and dealing prepare fashions, vintage furnishings, and historic images.
- Location- Chanakyapuri
- Timings- 9 AM to five:30 PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 50 for Indian adults, INR 10 for teenagers between 3 to 12 years. Fees can go a bit increased on weekends and authorities holidays.
4. Nationwide Gallery of Fashionable Artwork
Being a outstanding artwork gallery run by the Indian Ministry of Tradition, the Nationwide Gallery of Fashionable Artwork is among the largest trendy artwork museums globally, with over 14000 artworks by well-known and reputed Indian and international artists having widespread acclaim.
- Location- Jaipur Home, Shershah Highway
- Timings- 11 AM to six PM (Closed on Mondays and nationwide holidays)
- Entry fee- INR 20 for Indian residents and INR 500 for international vacationers. Pupil entry stays freed from value
With Delhi being the nation’s capital, it stays house to varied distinctive museums that you simply can’t afford to overlook visiting. So, subsequent time you propose to go to Delhi, guide a taxi by means of a dependable cab reserving app and witness these well-known museums, and be surprised with India’s wealthy cultural and historic heritage like I did.